In today’s highly connected world, it’s almost unheard of not to have a smartphone. In fact, people rely on their phones for almost everything, from checking the weather to buying a sofa. It’s no surprise that the average person checks their phone almost 160 times per day.
This is just one of the many reasons businesses need to add SMS to their marketing strategies. Most folks treat their phones like a fifth appendage and check it wherever they go, making SMS an effective messaging channel. Not surprisingly, texts have an open rate of 98%, compared to just 20% for emails.
With these staggering statistics, isn’t it time you enhanced your marketing campaigns by adding SMS? Here’s everything you need to know about leveraging the power of SMS to generate more revenue.
What is an SMS marketing campaign?
Simply put, an SMS marketing campaign enables your company to instantly deliver your brand’s message to numerous opted-in consumers through mass texting. Businesses can use SMS to send tailored messages notifying customers of:
- Product launches
- Price changes
- Promotions and sales
- Shipping updates
- And events
SMS marketing can effectively boost brand awareness, build trust, increase customer engagement and retention, and consequently, increase conversions. Incorporating SMS communication into your pre-existing marketing campaign will kick your results up a notch while trimming your bottom line.
Benefits of an SMS marketing campaign
We’ve already mentioned that the average open rate for texts is significantly higher than those of emails. Moreover, a person will reply to a text message within just 90 seconds of opening it, compared to 90 minutes for an email. And 30% of receivers are likely to respond to a text.
Here are a few other benefits of SMS marketing campaigns:
- Immediate delivery: Mobile marketing is certainly swift. Text messages get delivered right away. With SMS, you can send out time-sensitive information, including event-related promotions and flash sales.
- Deliverability: Consumers must consent to receive text messages from a brand. Since your list will only include customers who have already opted-in, you can rest easy knowing that you’re sending texts to consumers who are engaged. Emails that are immediately sent to the spam folder reflect poorly on your brand and can break trust with potential customers.
- Better click-through rates: Click-through rates for SMS marketing have the potential to be sky-high. However, it’s important to craft a powerful call to action (CTA). Since you’re only limited to 160 characters, it’s essential to motivate receivers to act on your offer. To learn more about how to write impactful texts, check out our previous blog.
SMS campaign strategies to try right now
There are tons of ways to leverage SMS in your marketing methods. Some ideas to try out include:
- Drip campaigns: These are automated messages sent out based on particular factors, such as how long someone has been a loyal customer. You can show your appreciation by sending your devoted customers coupons based on how long they’ve been a subscriber. The longer they stick around, the bigger the bonus could be.
- Polls: Get customer feedback by asking them to send different keywords to cast a vote. For instance, customers can text back “yes” or “no” depending upon how satisfied they are with your current products or services.
- Sweepstakes: Encourage customers to enter a sweepstake by texting a specific word or phrase back. You can select some winners, reward all who participate or even use this tactic for cross-promotions.
How Mitto’s SMS solutions can enhance your marketing campaigns
Mitto has the solutions your business needs to dominate in the SMS marketing arena. You can use Campaigns as a standalone platform to easily build and manage your SMS campaigns all in one place. You can effortlessly integrate SMS into your existing arsenal of technology, including Salesforce, HubSpot, and Oracle. Or you can use our API to craft a highly customizable omnichannel messaging strategy, limited only by your imagination.
With Mitto, you don’t have to bust out your personal smartphone and start texting hundreds of customers individually. Our Campaigns SMS marketing software enables you to automate your SMS marketing campaigns. This means you can craft and schedule your messages, launch your campaign, manage your contacts, and track results all from one convenient and centralized hub. Not a bad deal, right?
To start boosting your brand today, send us a text at +1 (424) 653-3380. We’ll help you seamlessly add SMS to your marketing campaign for better results.